Location: Central London
Job Type: Full time
Compensation: Basic salary up to £50k and £50k bonus for OTE
Why join us?
If you love food and technology as much as we do, you’ll love life at Vita Mojo. We’re on a mission to revolutionise the hospitality experience for operators and their customers. Through our smart digital products, we’re powering the digital transformation of your favourite pubs, bars and restaurants. And we want a world where everyone gets the meal they’re hoping for. Each and every time.
Our Vita Mojo DNA
We’re proud to have built an award-winning digital platform. Vita Mojo is a positive, energetic and forward-thinking place to work, and when you become a Moji, you’ll be joining a supportive team who’ve always got your back. Our passion for technology and food is matched only by our support for our people.
About the role
We are looking for a motivated Business Development (BD) Manager to join our growing commercial team of four commercial specialists. Supported by a commercial framework and strategy to identify prospects, we believe in creating long lasting and sustainable relationships with small and large restaurant groups. As a BD Manager, you will be supporting the team and company in our growth plans. We provide innovative technology that enables personalised experiences and allows restaurants to transform their operations, creating a market leading brand experience for their customers. As a key member of the commercial team, you will be directly responsible for winning new business.
While the below is not an exhaustive list of your duties, it outlines the bulk of the role on a day-to-day basis. The list will be periodically reviewed in line with the changing needs of the company and ad-hoc projects will be assigned.
- Identify new prospective clients and nurture good working relationships with them.
- Hit monthly sales targets set by the commercial strategy by converting prospects into new Vita Mojo partners.
- Develop in-depth knowledge of the Vita Mojo Operating System (VMOS) software used by our clients by becoming an expert user.
- Contribute to and execute agreed commercial strategy and quarterly/yearly goals.
- Work across teams including product, engineering, client success and operations to successfully win and implement VMOS with a number of high profile restaurants.
- Build B2B networks within QSR, coffee, casual dining restaurant and pub & bar sectors
- Proactive outreach and management of prospects within sales pipeline
- Effective relationships across B2B press, conferences and thought leadership platforms
- Communicate market needs and trends internally to allow for effective product development
- Deliver integrated solutions in professional presentations, with a detailed understanding of client requirements.
- Carefully craft ongoing relationship pre-award stage, leading to successful outcome
- Lead on commercial and contract negotiation
- Effectively manage a CRM system
- You have a demonstrable sales track record preferably in selling SaaS products in the hospitality industry
- You have a minimum of 3 years experience in a sales role, preferably with an established set of contacts in the UK hospitality industry
- You will be a target driven individual, who thrives under pressure and will work to quarterly and yearly goals
- You will have the ability to communicate naturally but professionally, both in verbal and written form, and understand when, and how to influence others, both internally and externally.
- You have knowledge and/or experience working in the restaurant or catering sector.
- You love working in a high-paced agile environment and are eager to learn new technologies and ways of working.
- You can effectively organise your own work and are aware of how to spend your time efficiently to get stuff done.
- You thrive on flexibility and are confident in making your own decisions with a minimum of administrative hurdles.
- You can work hard and have fun, while dreaming big. You are a confident, self-aware team player who is open to receiving and providing feedback, and relish the opportunity to establish positive and productive working relationships built on a foundation of trust.
Work perks and benefits
Since mid-March 2020 our UK-based team has largely been working from home. We have a small, COVID-secure office in the City of London which has limited capacity for hot desking on an as-needed basis when working from home is not possible. This could be due to a variety of reasons, such as mental health, poor connectivity or an insufficient work environment. While we don’t have a full return to office date, we are monitoring the situation closely and hope to be able to return to the office more fully at some point during 2021.
Your hours. Where possible, we let you set your own hours to get the work done and in line with your team and company needs. If you’re an early riser, come in as early as you like or if you need to do the morning school run, come in a bit later. At the end of the day, the work needs to be done but we also need you to balance that with life. We hope we can enable you to do both.
Your budget. We have recently introduced a flexible benefits system with access to a monthly or annual budget in the following areas: £600 annual learning and development budget; £80 wellbeing and lifestyle allowance. These are accessed through your own personal wallet and can be spent on services and products of your choosing, within a set of guidelines.
Food and drink. We stock all the coffee and tea you can drink when in the office.
Work from home kit. When you join we will work with you to understand your work from home needs, and get you set up to be your most productive while working from home.
Your tech kit - As a tech company, we want to supply you with the best hardware to get the job done. We will set you up with your basic kit when you start and anything else you need once you have some time to get your feet on the ground.
Your development - We take personal and professional growth seriously and believe in pushing ourselves to take on new challenges. We encourage everyone to organically share with each other. With quarterly company off sites (virtual for now), a company library, in-house workshops, and simply by working in an always changing, challenging environment, learning is essential to our mission.
Your mental health. Through our partnership with the app Spill, you have access to therapist advice, one-off therapy sessions, and a series of therapy if needed. We also offer Mental Health Days to be used in moments when you need to take a day for some additional space to focus on you and refocus your energies.
Your health. We offer 10 days of full pay sick leave.
Your birthday. We love celebrating birthdays, whether through baked goods or gifts, and you also get the day off on (or around) your birthday every year.
Your work environment - Our bright and spacious offices offer lots of natural light, a jungle of plants, and different spaces to relax and focus on what you need to do.
Your social spirit - While in person socials are on hold due to COVID, we are still keeping that social spirit alive by hosting virtual social events, holiday parties and a variety of activities throughout the year. When in the office, we typically host office parties and socials, including weekly drinks on Fridays and enjoy spending time with each other.
Your holidays. We believe in finding your work life alignment and encourage all staff to use their 25 days, plus public holidays. Your holiday allowance increases after each complete calendar year of service, up to 28 days.
Dog friendly. We welcome our furry friends to the office and have a rotating roster of office dogs who come around and say hello.