Location: Central London
Job Type: Full time
Compensation: £30-40k OTE (Base £25-30k, Variable £5-10k) based on experience, plus benefits, uncapped
Why join us?
If you love food and technology as much as we do, you’ll love life at Vita Mojo. We’re on a mission to revolutionise the hospitality experience for operators and their customers. Through our smart digital products, we’re powering the digital transformation of your favourite pubs, bars and restaurants. And we want a world where everyone gets the meal they’re hoping for. Each and every time.
Our Vita Mojo DNA
We’re proud to have built an award-winning digital platform. Vita Mojo is a positive, energetic and forward-thinking place to work, and when you become a Moji, you’ll be joining a supportive team who’ve always got your back. Our passion for technology and food is matched only by our support for our people.
About the role
Your mission as a Vita Mojo Sales Development Representative is to provide sales and administrative support to the Commercial team by generating leads and demo-ing our product to prospective clients. Understanding prospective client needs and connecting how our product can add value to their current operations will make you a superstar in this role.
While the below is not an exhaustive list of your duties, it outlines the bulk of the role on a day-to-day basis. The list will be periodically reviewed in line with the changing needs of the company and ad-hoc projects will be assigned.
- Become an expert user of the Vita Mojo Operating System (VMOS) software and develop a deep understanding of the Vita Mojo end-to-end client journey
- Generate leads for outbound sales via cold calling and proactive independent research and working with a sense of urgency to book meetings with key decision makers for target clients
- Qualify inbound leads using the BANT framework (Budget, Authority, Need, and Timeframe)
- Demo the potential of our platform to prospective clients by using your expert product knowledge, demonstrating how it aligns with their needs and following up at all touch points within 24 hours
- Support Vita Mojo Business Development Managers with product and administrative tasks to close leads, including contributing to presentations and pitches
- Work cross-functionally across internal teams including Product and Client Success, ensuring recent product developments are incorporated into the sales process
- Maintain and update market and competitor information documents
- Manage an accurate pipeline and forecast delivery to the business development team via Salesforce
- Contribute to and execute agreed commercial strategy and quarterly/yearly goals
- You thrive on interacting with new people every day, in person or over the phone
- You are a natural and curious solution-finder and desire to find wins for our clients, company and team
- You love learning new technologies, with an aim to understanding why a product has been built, and how to translate user needs into solutions
- You have the ability to communicate naturally but professionally, both in verbal and written form, and have top-notch presentation skills
- You are an effective listener with an ability to build and gain trust quickly, developing an emotional buy-in with key prospects
- You love working in a fast-paced, target-driven environment and are eager to learn new technologies and ways of working
- You can organise your own work effectively and understand how to spend your time, as no two days will be alike
- You are skilled at thinking on your feet and are comfortable making decisions within a supported framework
- A minimum of one year experience in a similar SaaS startup role, where you have demonstrated balancing relationship building while meeting targets
- You will blow us away if you have experience working with Salesforce
- You can work hard and have fun, while dreaming big. You are a confident, self-aware team player who is open to receiving and providing feedback, and relish the opportunity to establish positive and productive working relationships built on a foundation of trust.
Work perks and benefits
Since mid-March 2020 our UK-based team has largely been working from home. We have a small, COVID-secure office in the City of London which has limited capacity for hot desking on an as-needed basis when working from home is not possible. This could be due to a variety of reasons, such as mental health, poor connectivity or an insufficient work environment. While we don’t have a full return to office date, we are monitoring the situation closely and hope to be able to return to the office more fully at some point during 2021.
Your hours. Where possible, we let you set your own hours to get the work done and in line with your team and company needs. If you’re an early riser, come in as early as you like or if you need to do the morning school run, come in a bit later. At the end of the day, the work needs to be done but we also need you to balance that with life. We hope we can enable you to do both.
Your budget. We have recently introduced a flexible benefits system with access to a monthly or annual budget in the following areas: £600 annual learning and development budget; £80 wellbeing and lifestyle allowance. These are accessed through your own personal wallet and can be spent on services and products of your choosing, within a set of guidelines.
Food and drink. We stock all the coffee and tea you can drink when in the office.
Work from home kit. When you join we will work with you to understand your work from home needs, and get you set up to be your most productive while working from home.
Your tech kit - As a tech company, we want to supply you with the best hardware to get the job done. We will set you up with your basic kit when you start and anything else you need once you have some time to get your feet on the ground.
Your development - We take personal and professional growth seriously and believe in pushing ourselves to take on new challenges. We encourage everyone to organically share with each other. With quarterly company off sites (virtual for now), a company library, in-house workshops, and simply by working in an always changing, challenging environment, learning is essential to our mission.
Your mental health. Through our partnership with the app Spill, you have access to therapist advice, one-off therapy sessions, and a series of therapy if needed. We also offer Mental Health Days to be used in moments when you need to take a day for some additional space to focus on you and refocus your energies.
Your health. We offer 10 days of full pay sick leave.
Your birthday. We love celebrating birthdays, whether through baked goods or gifts, and you also get the day off on (or around) your birthday every year.
Your work environment - Our bright and spacious offices offer lots of natural light, a jungle of plants, and different spaces to relax and focus on what you need to do.
Your social spirit - While in person socials are on hold due to COVID, we are still keeping that social spirit alive by hosting virtual social events, holiday parties and a variety of activities throughout the year. When in the office, we typically host office parties and socials, including weekly drinks on Fridays and enjoy spending time with each other.
Your holidays. We believe in finding your work life alignment and encourage all staff to use their 25 days, plus public holidays. Your holiday allowance increases after each complete calendar year of service, up to 28 days.
Dog friendly. We welcome our furry friends to the office and have a rotating roster of office dogs who come around and say hello.